YES! LONG WEEKENDS!
In case you missed it, The Palace has announced the long weekends for 2018 last July 19, 2017. President Rodrigo Roa Duterte has signed Proclamation No. 269, The following days are the Regular and special(non-working) holidays for 2018.
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Maundy Thursday – March 29
- Good Friday – March 30
- Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Monday)
- Labor Day – May 1 (Tuesday)
- Independence Day – June 12 (Tuesday)
- National Heroes Day – August 27 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Friday)
- Christmas Day – December 25 (Tuesday)
- Rizal Day – December 30 (Sunday)
Special (non-working holidays):
- Chinese New Year – February 16 (Friday)
- EDSA People Power Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Sunday)
- Black Saturday – March 31
- Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Tuesday)
- All Saints Day – November 1 (Thursday)
- All Souls Day – Novermber 2 ( Friday)*
- Christmas Eve – December 24 (Monday)*
- Last Day of the Year – December 31 (Monday)
*Two additional non-working days were included to give more time to commemorate All Saints’ Day and Christmas Day and promote domestic tourism.
**The proclamation for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eid’l Adha will be issued after the dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar.
I have compiled the long weekends that you will get for 2018 so you can plan ahead of time!